Srinagar: A CRPF caravan was assaulted in Srinagar’s Panthachowk region on Monday. The terrorist strike went in close vicinity to 24 hours after another CRPF escort was targeted in Nowhatta area of downtown Srinagar on Sunday. 11 police staff and one 10-year-old girl was wounded in today’s strike. According to the sources, search operation has been driven out to grab the terrorists.
Movement of locals on the Jammu-Srinagar Highway was blocked after the terrorist assault on the CRPF jawans. The convoy was moving towards Anantnag, where the by-election is scheduled on April 9 for the Lok Sabha constituency. Attacker’s resorted to indiscriminate gunfire, as the CRPF convoy reached nearer the Sempora area close to Panthachowk on the national thruway.
See Also: Love is blind, so am I, get over it!
Key Focuses on recent CRPF Convoy Attack:
- The CRPF caravan was conveying jawans of the 97 regiment. No less than 11 security personals sustained minor wounds according to initial reports. One 10-year-old girl, alongside another local personnel driver was injured in the unexpected assault by terrorists. The right official numbers are yet to be acknowledged.
- “Police and CRPF have launched the hunt operation to grab down the militants. S P Vaid, Jammu & Kashmir police chief stated, “The recent circumstance is not alarming, but rather we are investigating every possibility to control it”.
- “Our jawans are on high alert. CRPF is doing its obligation. Our battalion were approaching from Jammu to Srinagar,” CRPF representative Bhavesh Chaudhary was cited as saying by Economic Times.
- One policeman was martyred in the terrorist assault of Sunday. Terrorists had attacked with grenades at the troop of security personals, which too injured no less than 18 CRPF Jawans.
- Intelligence alert was issued after following the terrorist strike, cautioning about the advancement of more militants from north Kashmir to Srinagar. As per some experts, invasion could take up again from PoK, as the areas cover with snow on LoC has basically diminished with the inset of summer season.
- With this attack, Kashmir has remained on the boil in the course of recent weeks, with a few cases of militant assaults recorded across the state. On Saturday, a bunch of terrorists attacked an armed forces convoy in Bemina close to Jammu-Sringar highway, bringing about no major causality.
- Terrorist actions in Kashmir have been scaled up taking after the declaration of bypolls in Srinagar and Anantnag on April 9. The separatist aggregate of All Parties Hurriyat Conference has called for a massive boycott of the elections.
- The separatists have demanded strong action against security officers who were allegedly responsible in charge of the demise of three youngsters during police firing in Kashmir’s Budgam region in the past month.
- In the Lok Sabha, TMC MP Saugata Roy had raised up the issue of civilian killed in region. On the other hand, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, while stating disappointment over the collateral loss, defended the security forces, saying, “Terrorists are being dealt with the way terrorists are supposed to be dealt with, and (the security forces) are successful.”
News Source: http://www.india.com/news/india/kashmir-on-boil-militant-attack-on-crpf-convoy-in-srinagar-second-in-24-hours-10-points-1989446/